Did you link your aadhaar to your mobile sim?
Supreme court has given a deadline that you should link your Aadhaar to your mobile number before 31st March 2018.
If you don’t link then all the services on your phone number will be discontinued.
Don’t worry. Indian Government has made the process very easy that you can link your phone number to Aadhaar from your home.
All telecom operators are offering a toll-free service for re-verification of your Aadhaar on your phone number through an IVRS or Interactive Voice Response System.
Follow these Steps to Link your Aadhaar to your Phone Number
The Digital India official Twitter handle revealed the details of the new IVR services and confirmed that this will allow any mobile user with multiple numbers to link their Aadhaar number. With the new process introduced, linking your Aadhaar and the mobile number has just become easier thanks to an all-new IVR process introduced by the government of India.
IVR service is available in several languages like English, Hindi, and other regional languages.
- Call 14546 from your phone number.
- On being asked whether an Indian or an NRI, choose the respective option.
- The IVR process will then ask for your consent to link Aadhaar card number with your mobile number by pressing 1.
- Then you should provide your 12-digit Aadhaar number and press 1 to confirm. In case your Aadhaar input was incorrect, you get another option to provide the Aadhaar
- An OTP will be generated and sent to your phone number.
- Next, IVR process will require your mobile number after which you will have to give consent to your mobile operator to pick your personal details like name, photo, and date of birth from their records.
- After giving consent, IVR will now read the last four digits of your mobile number to re-confirm your provided number.
- Once, the re-confirmation is done, users can provide the OTP received via SMS.
- After entering the OTP, you will be required to press 1 to complete the process. IVR will then mention that the Aadhaar-based mobile number re-verification process was successful.
Once the process is completed, you get an SMS on your mobile number confirming that Re-verification was successful and it will take up to 48 hours to complete the linking.
Airtel, Idea, and Vodafone costumers can start linking their Aadhaar with their mobile numbers using the new IVR service. But, Jio, BSNL, and some other mobile network customers will have to wait for some more time for the service to be activated.
Frequently Asked Questions on Aadhaar Reverifcation
Q1. What is Government’s directive on Aadhaar updation for mobile connection?
As per the recent government directive, all the existing customers have to verify their mobile numbers with Aadhaar. We recommend you to visit the nearest Store/Retailer of your mobile network with your Aadhaar number and complete this process.
Q2. What are the documents required to complete the verification?
All you need is your Aadhaar card/number and your mobile. You will be required to complete Biometric verification. You will also receive the verification code (OTP) on your mobile that would be required to complete the process.
Q3. What would happen if Aadhaar re-verification is not done?
Government instructions are awaited on the same, to avoid any disruption of service, it is recommended to get the re-verification done before the GoI deadline.
Q4. I do not have Aadhaar card. What should I do?
We would request you to get your Aadhaar card made at the earliest. For details, visit https://uidai.gov.in
Q5. What will Mobile Network do with my Aadhaar number/What will happen with my previous details?
Aadhaar details will be updated in our records against your number. All previous details will be overwritten.
Q6. Do I need to pay for this?
No. There is no fee for Aadhaar re-verification.
Q7. If I have multiple mobile numbers, do I have to do multiple bio-metric re-verification?
Yes. Bio-metric verification is required separately for each mobile number.
Q8. Do I need to link Aadhaar to my Fixedline/Broadband and DTH also?
No. Currently, this is not required for Fixed-line/Broadband and DTH.
I hope this article will help you to link your Aadhaar to your Sim card.
Are you facing any problem? Then let me know in the comments section.
Also, share this article with your friends and family whos verification is pending. Told them that now it is very easy to link our Aadhaar to our phone number and it is not necessary to go to our network operator store.
Content in this Article